The City of Angels, entertainment capital of the world, is a sprawling metropolis with one of the most diverse and unique sets of neighbourhoods in the United States. La-La Land is filled to the brim with the glamour of chic, Hollywood-name brands and movie set backdrops.
Glimpse behind the scenes into the glamourous world of film making and TV broadcasting: view collections of cinematic history throughout LA’s spectacular variety of art galleries and museums, including the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and architectural masterpieces like The Getty Centre.
Grab your surf board and head to LA’s 75 miles of sunny coastline. Malibu and Santa Monica beaches provide sun, sand and surfing while Venice Beach offers close-ups of the city's most colourful and unique residents. Shop California-style with options from designer to vintage or pick up the latest celebrity-trending fashions from LA’s vast offering of indoor and outdoor shopping malls and boutiques.
Enjoy some of the country's most eclectic cuisine and highly acclaimed, award- winning restaurants and take advantage of the perfect sunny weather to enjoy al-fresco dining all-year long. When the sun goes down, discover an abundance of nightlife options with LA’s trendsetting and vibrant nightlife, ranging from intimate clubs to some of the world’s most famous music venues.
A Los Angeles holiday offers so much sunshine, glitz and glamour that you'll be spoiled for ways to treat yourself, whether you are planning a Los Angeles city break or a longer California tour.
Things to do
The Beverly Garland is a stylish boutique hotel with a relaxed, tropical feel just minutes from the bustle of Los Angeles and its many attractions.
Top tips for visiting Los Angeles
• Southern California’s climate has often been described as near-perfect and with good reason. Most days are sunny and warm, with gentle ocean breezes in the summer. The humidity is low with little rain. In fact, there are no unpleasant seasons in Los Angeles.
Average high temperature: 74º F / 23°C
Average low temperature: 56º F / 13°C
2. Go car-less
• Ditch the car, you definitely don't need it in LA. Hop on the Metro instead! It's an inexpensive and convenient way to explore Los Angeles and its many neighbourhoods.
3. Do Disneyland
• You're never too old for Disneyland. This original legendary theme park is packed with cool things to do. All your favourite cartoon characters come to life in dream-like environments. Enjoy white-knuckle rides including the stomach-churning Space Mountain and the epic Indiana Jones Adventure.
• Culture vultures will be spoilt for choice at the Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens. It's an ingenious multi-purpose venue which hosts an art gallery, a library with substantial holdings and elaborate botanical gardens. The Desert Garden with cacti and old English Shakespeare Garden are among the attractions. Set aside a day to explore the highlights of this fabulous place, but don't expect to see them in depth as there's just too much!
5. Museum village
• Marvel at Los Angeles' museum village. The collections of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, or LACMA, are housed in a vast 20-acre complex of buildings, expertly renovated in 2008. The focal point is the BP Grand Entrance which includes the stunning installation of Chris Burden's Urban Light. The Broad Contemporary Art Museum is home to a dazzling selection of modern works.
6. Griffith Observatory
• Wise up on your astronomy at the Griffith Observatory where you could happily spend a few hours browsing. But the star attraction is the building itself, which was featured in the film Rebel Without a Cause.
7. Universal Studios
• Fancy a bit of star treatment? Choose the Universal Studios Hollywood VIP Experience. This exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of Universal studios' world-class movie and production facilities is reserved for the privileged few. Showcasing the sets where many of Hollywood's most famous movies and TV shows have been - and continue to be - filmed, your VIP ticket includes preferential treatment and special access to all attractions and shows in the park.